HAY STUDIO FILM CLUB - NEW LOOK
Thank you to all those who have helped by contributing comments towards a better way to run our Film Club from all perspectives. This is our proposal and we very much hope you will all re-join in September!
Hay Studio Film Club will run from September to April (8 months) as a private event. Films will be screened on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Membership can be booked for 4 months £25, or for 8 months £45, which includes a donation to cover screenings, from Hay Studio. If you opt for 4, you can use them whenever you like through the 8 month period. Hopefully, this will allow maximum flexibility for those who cannot make all the dates, and offers some security for Hay Studio. Hay Studio will select every other month's films. Alternate film choices will be opened to members.
A member selecting the film is responsible for
- agreeing their choice in advance of 4 month season so it can be announced to members
- acquiring the dvd
- inviting their guests, who need not be members, and informing Hay Studio of likely numbers (Hay Studio will also invite all members)
- asking guests to make a donation of £5
- offering the opportunity for guests to stay on after the screening to discuss the film
Hay Studio is responsible for
- providing the venue
- providing a projector and sound system
- providing Hay Studio choice films/dvd
- providing wine and crisps/sweets available for purchase
- announcing 4 month season screenings in advance to members
Continuation of the Film Club will rely on having a minimum number of 20 members to ensure costs of running the venue are covered. Please let us know by 1 September whether you want to sign up for 4 or 8 screenings by email to email@example.com and we will confirm payment arrangements.
SCHEDULE SO FAR with links to film summary (this could change!)
22 Sep ’15 Two Days One Night Hay Studio choice
20 Oct ’15 Howard’s End Tessa Cubitt choice
17 Nov ’15 The Way He Looks Hay Studio choice
15 Dec ’15 Taking The Michael Alistair Hay choice
19 Jan ’16 We are the Best Hay Studio choice
16 Feb ’16 This Changes Everything Simon Malloni choice
15 Mar ’16 Clouds of Sils Maria Hay Studio choice
19 Apr ’16 TBC Victor Mann choice