In 2015 MilesKm will be creating a touring Art School, TANTEO, moving around the UK, challenging the concept of the classroom, the roles of the student and teacher, and experimenting with different learning structures.
TANTEO IS COMING TO HAY STUDIO FROM 16-23 AUGUST AND INVITES YOU TO VISIT, SHARE THEIR WORK, COLLABORATE AND INSPIRE THEM
TANTEO aims create space for learning and knowledge sharing, a radical environment to stimulate creativity and the potential political power of art. An approach to education, a tanteo, (an approximation). The project is both an investigation into the nature of arts education and the role of collaboration in learning. An endeavor to force the limits of what constitutes a "School of Art".
This summer (2015). Tanteo will be seeking to facilitate an atmosphere of vibrant, diverse and enriching learning for all involved; creating a sustainable platform of "students" that constitute a borderless network of free trade; informed and interacting with the local community, offering alternative models of creative education.
- Lucas: Brazilian performer, works on sexuality, nudity and politics. He is also planning to spend half of the residency in silence to explore further on the language of performance.
- Sam: curator, exploring the economy and ecosystem of ideas and knowledge
- Erina: Japanese dancer/artist, doing workshops with the body
- Anna: Polish artists working on employ-ability and games. She will be doing workshops about this.
- Jess: researching into the role of names and naming as a tool for power and hierarchy
- Katharina: Austrian researcher/artist/organizer, she runs a residency program in Tiblisi, interested in the concept of participation
- Rowan: exploring the concept of the border as a limiting category which determined what is in and out. She will reasearch geographical borders within this
- Stella: she'll be doing a moving radio station.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN. email@example.com
Hay Studio is the home of our Making Project. Launched in 2013, this bi-annual series of workshops brings exceptional artisan and craft creatives together to share their expertise and experience with others. Our space is tolerant to almost any kind of making and the variety of offers makes for new alliances, new outlets, and a lot of fun.
We have hosted workshops on stone sculpting, wood carving, coffee connoisseurship, pasta making, ceramics, working with colour, Cornish dry stone walling, and are currently looking forward to foraging, glass painting, bread making, and painting clay. Our Makers come from Cornwall, yes, but also London and other parts of the South West - so far.
We have also hosted residencies for students who have been inspired by the environment, and would be delighted to hear from you if you need a large space for awhile.